Monday, December 10, 2007

Berenice Abbott

Soooo finals are coming up soon! It's all very stressful and like everyone else I have tons of work to do. For my history essay we are doing research papers, and I am talking about photography from the Great Depression. Normally I'm not a huge fan of wicked old photography but some of the stuff I found was actually pretty cool. For my paper I'm focusing on the photography Berenice Abbott. She looks at the depression from a lot of different perspectives, and focuses on the architecture of New York as well as the effects of the Depression on different social groups.
This pictures seems to be one of her most famous and influential photographs:
Some of her other photographs, like this one, look much different:
I think that she has an interesting style, and she seemed to be pretty different from many other photographers at the time.


No comments: