Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Abelardo Morell

I definitely would have to say that Abelardo Morell is one of my favorite photographers. I found out about his work a long time ago and thought his pictures were really cool but it wasn't until last year that I really got interested in his work. I went to see him speak at a local photography museum and he explained how he made a bunch of his photographs, focusing on the camera obscura ones, which are his most unique pictures by far. Recently he has been focusing on color photography but in a way I like his black and white photos better, but that could be just because I tend to like the original ones more and also because I don't do much for color photography so I might have more of an appreciation for that than for the color pictures. It's hard to pick a favorite, though, but these are a couple that I like:


1 comment:

Sonia said...

He is pretty awesome. I'm happy you got to hear him speak--he's so down to earth. There is a movie about him: Shadow of the House (www.shadowofthehouse.com)